Date: 11 Oct 2017 0 Comment Events,Fundraising Posted by: Family Place WP Administrator
Our 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival will be held on Saturday, December 2, 2017 at Tracy Hall in Norwich, Vermont. We are reaching out to new and past Gingerbread House Makers in hopes that you will help us make our signature fundraiser a fantastic success!
Last year we welcomed over 1,300 visitors to view and bid on 90+ houses donated by members of our community. Funds raised through business sponsorships, Gingerbread Silent Auction, Store, Café and festival entrance fees – all of which topped $70,000 in 2016 – are used to benefit the work we do here at The Family Place. Services offered by The Family Place range from support for pregnant and parenting teenagers; developmental therapy for children ages 0-3; in-home support for families struggling with economic stress; a Child Advocacy Center for victims of childhood sexual abuse; and child care financial assistance.
Gingerbread House Specifications and Important Dates:
• House bases should be no larger than 12” x 16”. Exceptions may be made if you contact us in advance with the dimensions for approval. We also may need extra assistance, such as a larger and labeled box that your house can fit inside so it can be carried after the festival.
• All bases should be made of sturdy material such as plywood or foam board. Remember, houses need to be transported. Bases will be provided if needed; please call The Family Place to make arrangements to pick up your base 802-649-3268.
• Electricity: If your house has lights, please use a battery pack. We don’t have outlets in the area where the houses are displayed.
• We prefer that the houses be all edible except for the bases and lights. If your house is not, please make note on this form or talk with staff when you deliver your creation.
• Houses must to be delivered to the Tracy Hall in Norwich on Friday, December 1st, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Contact staff in advance if this is a problem with the exception that
we can no longer accept houses on Saturday morning.